Bengali Bands and Singers: Use the Contact link to contact us to get featured on Washington Bangla Radio and broadcast your songs to our global live radio listeners.
MuZik StreeT as a band was born at Asansol, West Bengal, India. The initial line up contained 7 members and then as of now they have concreted down to 5 (the usual stuff)! Music as a full time career option was not really appreciated by guardians of the band members, yet overcoming all odds and obstacles the band is still alive and rocking since the past 5 years. In this journey they have had some hindrances but music was to win all of them and that is exactly what happened! UIT, Burdwan was the first competition that they appeared in and guess what, they won! To add to that the band at that point in time was a mere 7 days old group! This was followed by a series of events like Muzik Street was ranked finalists in Band-E-Mataram II (Kolkata). After the talent hunt, the band was covered by the media, including Aamar 106.2 FM, Tara Muzik, S-FM 93.5, Sangeet Bangla and others. Till date the band has performed live in places like Kolkata, Siliguri, Midnapur, Maldah, Durgapur, Burdwan, Asansol and other places in West Bengal.
MuZik StreeT are:
- LEAD SINGER, RHYTHM GUITARIST & KEYBOARDIST:- Timir
- LEAD GUITARISTS:- Sagar & Rajat
- BASS GUITARIST:- Avishek
- DRUMMER:- Sirsendu
The genre of music that Muzik Street as a unit deals with is unique. It covers contemporary rock to Indian Classical, Blues to Folk. Basically it is a mixed package. So the one word definition of the genre that Muzik Street deal with would be 'fusion'. So whether you love metal or soft numbers, oldies or new age, you'd find it all in here! MS in a nutshell is inspired in its lyrics from real life situation and our daily day to day struggles in life! They have been majorly supported by guitarist Prabir Bakshi, Gabuda (Lakhichhara) and Chandrabindoo!
1.Finalist in Band-e-Mataram 2.
2.Interviews & Live Shows in Amar FM, Tara Muzik, S FM , Sangeet Bangla, BigFm & many other media groups.
3. Winner, UIT, Burdwan
4. Top 5 in KBL, Durgapur
5. Designed Live Background Scores for Major Stage Acts like Morujatra, Dohon Kaal, Musholporbo and so on
6. Is the official Music Director for one of he pioneer theater group Balaka, West Bengal in its regional levels!
7. Lead vocalist and band co-coordinator Timir Biswas has recently done playback for a Chandrabindoo music directed Bengali movie called 033 (about to hit theaters soon)!
In over 129 odd stage performances and 5 odd years of musical struggle above all Muzik Street have won hearts of people all across the vicinity of the state of West Bengal, India.
1. Lead Vocalist and Keyboardist Timir has worked with another set of fresh musicians in a group called 'Chakraparna' and experimented with Rabindra Sangeet and fused it with Rock!
2. MS, as a part of its initiative to promote junior musicians, has also formed another group called 2Blues and provided future musicians to the city!
3. 09th Feb, 2009 was a memorable event whereby they joined hands with Desh (WBRi Feture on DESH: CLICK HERE) and performed before packed houses in honour of 2 of their friends who left them, one of them being one of the founder members of both the bands!
4. 21st April, 2009 was yet another memorable incident where they performed a charity event in honour of the members from a closeby Health Clinic!
5. 15th April, 2009 was the beginning of a new Bengali Year and the city just could not enjoy the same without the likes of MS! In a back to back performance they did an all acoustic followed by an all arrangement event!
6. 31st December, 2008 MS bid the year a goodbye in an all exclusive 3 hours special through BigFm!
After cultivating 5 odd years towards creating experimental music, MS is now all determined to let go their much awaited first music album and have taken some initiatives in regards to the same as well! Washington Bangla Radio wishes Muzik Street even higher achievements and a grand successful debut album.