11th Tele Cine Awards Kolkata Celebrates Bengali Film and Television Creativity
BEST DIRECTOR – Srijit Mukherji for Autograph
OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE IN AN EXCEPTIONAL CHARACTER – Rituparna Ghosh (Arekti Premer Golpo)
Calcutta, June 25, 2011 (Washington Bangla Radio) TELE CINE AWARDS is one of the biggest awards of Bengal - just a step forward to reward, acknowledge and appreciate the embodiments of creative excellence in the world of art and culture. It felicitates the creative heads mainly from two sectors like Television and Cinema in Bengal. It first started its journey in the year 2000 with a dream to highlight and convey recognization to the Bengali Film and Television Industry. From the beginning of its origin the film and television fraternity has rewarded appreciation to the conclusion Tele Cine Awards has brought to them.
Commencing the establishment of TCA, the initiatives and program of the awards was organized under the committee known as Bangla Sangeet Prochar Samity, later it was renamed in the year 2011 as THE TELE CINE SOCIETY.
This was the first award ceremony which highlighted the Bengali Industry in its changing scenario and the rest followed its footsteps. Every year the film and television industry waits to be acknowledged and rewarded for their efforts when they will finally have a memorable day at the ceremonial event of the TELE CINE AWARDS.
11th Tele Cine Award: This year Tele Cine Society celebrated its 11th year on 19th June at Science City in the presence of thousands of audiences. There are over 20 categories in which the awards are categorized from Television and Cinema.
2) BEST SERIAL– SUBARNALATA ( ZEE BANGLA)
3) BEST TITLE SONG- Jojo for Didi no1- Zee Bangla
4) BEST DIRECTOR- Srijeet Roy for Behula and Shakti Dutta for Subarnalata
5) BEST PERFORMANCE IN A SUPPORTING ROLE FEMALE – Soma Chakroborty for Maa
6) BEST PERFORMANCE IN A SUPPORTING ROLE MALE- Arun Banerjee for Binni Dhaner Khoi
7) BEST PERFORMANCE IN A LEADING ROLE FEMALE-Payel Dey for Behula
8) BEST PERFORMANCE IN A LEADING ROLE MALE- Biswanath for Subarnalata
9) PULAK BANDHOPADHYAY MEMORABLE AWARD- Anupam roy ( Best Lyricist for Autograph)
10) FEVER 104 FM BEST MUSIC DIRECTOR- Samidh Rishi for Shedin Dekha hoechilo
11) BEST PLAYBACK SINGER MALE- Rupam Islam for Autograph
12) BEST PLAYBACK SINGER FEMALE- Anwesa for the song Megher palok ( sad version)
13) BEST DIRECTOR – Srijeet Mukherjee for Autograph
14) BEST PERFORMANCE IN A SUPPORTING ROLE MALE – Saswata Chatterjee ( Bomkesh)
15) BEST PERFORMANCE IN A SUPPORTING ROLE FEMALE- Swastika ( Bomkesh)
16) BEST PERFORMANCE IN A LEADING ROLE FEMALE- Nandana Sen for Autograph
17) BEST PERFORMANCE IN A LEADING ROLE MALE – Soham for Amanush
18) BEST FILM - Autograph
19) OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE IN AN EXCEPTIONAL CHARACTER – Rituparna Ghosh ( Ar ekti Premer Golpo)
20) LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD – Haradhan Bandhopadhyay