Chandrima Roy - Bengali Recitation (Bangla Kobita Abritti)
Click Play to listen to Bengali Poem Recitation by Chandrima Roy
Chandrima Roy lives in Jadavpur, Kolkata. A well-known professional performer on television and stage, she also holds a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering from Jadavpur University. Her primary interests are Recitation and Program presenting and co-ordination, anchoring & script reading.
Chandrima shares with us a few of her recitation recordings. These are also being aired on our live radio channel.
Some recent public performances of Chandrima include:
- Invited guest of “GOODMORNING KOLKATA” of KOLKATA TV. ( apr, 2012, aug, 2011)
- Invited recitator in “Gulbahicha” arranged “VASA DIBAS” and “PAGOL BASANTA”. ( feb, march 2012)
- Performed in BURNPUR UTSAB in Burnpur. (jan, 2012)
- Interviewed in Gold FM (100.2) as a guest (dec, 2011)
- Performed in LAKETOWN MELA in the production “SAANKO- Ei ami tor kachhe” (nov, 2011)
- Invited guest in a program named “AMADER RABINDRANATH” organized by MARUBEHAG (aug, 2011)
- Performed in a ” SAANKO- Ei ami tor kachhe” organized by Chhandak (uly, 2011)
- Invited guest of Laughing Club in RABINDRA PRAVAT (may, 2011)
- Performed in silver jubilee celebration of “APORAJITA” (april, 2011)
- Regular participant of different programs organized by Sir C.V.Raman Centre for Physics and Music , Jadavpur University ( 2009-2012)
- Regular performer of “KOBITA JAKHAN ABRITTI” conducted by Kolkata Doordarshan ( nov, 2010)
- Nominated as the 1st runner-up of “PROTHOMAA” conducted by ETV BANGLA.
- Regular performer of “HAREKAROKAMBA “of (Kolkata DOORDARSHAN) from1995-1998.
Chandrima has won a pretty numnber of Awards & Scholarships, including:
- Received “NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP” for recitation in the year of 2002 from “Baal Bhawan”, Govt of India in collaboration with Nehru Children’s Museum.
- Awarded as “BENGAL CHAMPION” for recitation by Nehru Children’s Museum in 1995, 1997, 2000 in three consecutive groups.
- All India 3rd in M.Mus examination in Kathak conducted by Bangiya Sangeet Parishad( 2010).
Chandrima can be reached at chandrimaa.roy [at] gmail [dot] com.
To contribute to our Recitation section, send your recitation recordings to firstname.lastname@example.org.