Listen to Online WBRi Kolkata Radio On Your Cell Phone, Smart Phone, Mobile Device - Read WBRi Reviews, Interviews, Features too
Listen to WBRi on your Mobile or Cell Phone
Washington Bangla Radio playing on Droid (video by ddffx)
iPhone, Blackberry, Android: listen via FLYCAST FM MOBILE STREAM CAST »
Please visit the www.Flycast.FM web-site and use the FLycast service to listen to the "BanglaRadio Lo" channel, found under EDGE category (or simply use Keyword Search to look for Bangla).
Nokia: listen via NOKIA Internet Radio »
WBRi is included in the channel line-up of NOKIA Internet Radio. Rajat Dey of Team WBRi has kindly provided the following instructions for tuning into WBRi on your Nokia mobile:
- Go to http://europe.nokia.com/A41121127 and download the internet radio - symbian application corresponding to your nokia model.
- You should have Nokia PC Suite installed in your computer. If not, download and install the latest version of the same from the Nokia website.
- Connect your Nokia to the computer via the USB cable/infrared/blue tooth and fire up the Nokia PC suite.
- Install the internet radio application. You will need to complete the installation in the phone (just like any other symbian app. you must have installed in your Nokia) In your Nokia, browse and go to the section from where you access all your installed applications (e.g. in E61i, the path is application key >> installation). Locate the internet radio application and fire it up.
- In the first run, you will need to accept the terms and conditions and select a connection (WAP/3G/GPRS) for the internet radio application to buffer iRadio streams.
- Once done, you should see a 'search' option in the application menu.
- Search by language and you will see Bengali there. Select the Bengali language and you will see Washington Bangla Radio. Select the same, and from the options menu in the bottom left corner, add it to your favourites. You are done, enjoy WBRi on your Nokia!
For Symbian, Windows Mobile, Palm or JAVA: use MUNDU RADIO »
WBRi is under Ethnic category. You need to create an account in the website of Mundu Radio.
To install Mundu Radio manually, After logging in, add Washington Bangla Radio as a station under "India", you shall find it in the page http://radio.mundu.com/wbr/playlist/currentplaylist.php. Use the direct stream link http://banglaradio.homeip.net:8000 as the link for Washington Bangla Radio while creating your new station. Next, in your Windows Mobile, open Mundu Radio Application. Log in using your Login/Password, then choose your station from the list - it will appear similar as in the Website; in there, under India, you shall find Washington Bangla Radio ( or the name used by you while adding Station in the website ). Click on it to listen to the audio stream. Windows Mobile users can also try the GS Media Player from http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA032810 and use the direct stream link mentioned above, but GS Player is reported to be a battery hog. (Instructions courtesy of Shameek Banerjee, Team WBRi).
PHONECAST (RADIO BY PHONE SERVICE)
In USA and Canada, dial 832 280 0742 on your phone to tune into WBRi. NOTE - we do not charge you for this free service, but your telephone service provider fees according to your calling plan and service agreement with them are still applicable since this is a phone call you are making.
IN GERMANY: Dial 0931 66399 4014 to Listen to WBRi Live on your telephone using the wonderful PHONE CAST service via Phonecaster.DE.
To dial internationally to the above number in Germany, dial +49 931 66399 4014.
WARNING: Make sure you understand your telephone service provider's charges when you dial these numbers - you are responsible for paying your phone bills, of course !
Read Features on your Mobile
Read WBRi Exclusive Interviews, Reviews, Features and Articles on your mobile:
Just visit our website on your mobile and enjoy a mobile-formatted version of Washington Bangla Radio »
Free WBRi SMS Channel
In INDIA: Get WBRi updates on your Mobile - subscribe to our Free SMS Channel»
WBRi Mobile QR Code and Bar Code
Here is the WBRi QR CODE for your camera-phone with Barcode reader (what is this?):